PA CHAPTER §245 & §250
Act 2 establishes four program goals: uniform cleanup standards (based upon health and environmental risks), standardized review procedures, releases from liability, and financial assistance. The uniform cleanup standards are utilized for most voluntary and mandatory cleanups in Pennsylvania. The standardized review procedures provide uniform procedures at all sites statewide. Owners and developers of an Act 2 site that has been remediated according to program standards and procedures obtain a release from future liability to the DEP or for private claims under environmental statutes. Financial assistance is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The Storage Tank Cleanup program utilizes the Act 2 cleanup standards, but is structured more rigidly to drive cleanups. The Storage Tank Cleanup Program is responsible for developing and maintaining regulations, policies, technical guidance, and public outreach programs necessary to remediate releases from storage tanks in accordance with the Clean Streams Law, Storage Tank and Spill Prevention Act, and Act 2.
View Our Recent Projects
View a variety of our completed projects.
- Shops at Foxmoor – LSRP, Remedial Investigation and Remedial Action Services2021-06-21T07:41:01-04:00
Shops at Foxmoor – LSRP, Remedial Investigation and Remedial Action Services
- Intercar Auto Sales – LSRP Services and Administrative Consent Order Assistance2021-06-21T07:39:39-04:00
Intercar Auto Sales – LSRP Services and Administrative Consent Order Assistance
- Former Cypress Trucking Facility – LSRP Services & Pre-Purchase Administrative Consent Order2021-06-21T07:37:14-04:00
Former Cypress Trucking Facility – LSRP Services & Pre-Purchase Administrative Consent Order
- Township in Northern Bucks County Hydrogeology2021-06-04T08:46:21-04:00
Township in Northern Bucks County Hydrogeology
- Private Transportation Corporation Northern Montgomery County2021-06-18T09:31:41-04:00
Private Transportation Corporation Northern Montgomery County
- Monmouth County Parks System – Preliminary Assessments2021-06-01T12:53:33-04:00
Monmouth County Parks System – Preliminary Assessments
- Regulated and Unregulated Storage Tank Investigation and Closure2021-06-18T10:03:46-04:00
Regulated and Unregulated Storage Tank Investigation and Closure